Thursday, July 21, 2016

D-day plus 4 weeks & 6 days.. Surgery minus 4 days.. Life expectancy obsessions..

...My mind has a new obsession.. Life expectancies for different cancer types at the same stage as my own-- 1B.. I don't know what made me look up my own.. I just at some point suddenly realized that no one had told me, that I had no idea, that I had simply been told it was very good.. My mind needs details.. Whether they are good for it or not, it needs them..

Cervical Cancer, stage 1B-- 80% 5-year survival
Breast Cancer, stage 1B-- 99% 5-year survival
Lung Cancer, stage 1B-- 45%
Ovarian Cancer, stage 1B-- 92%
Stomach Cancer, stage 1B-- 57%
Melanoma, stage 1B-- 97%
Bladder Cancer, stage 1B-- 90%
Colon Cancer, stage 1-- 92%
Liver Cancer, stage 1 & 2-- 31%

..80%.. (although actually a little less specifically for the endocervical adenocarcinoma type that I have, but we'll go with the 80%).. Not bad.. I fully intend & expect to be part of that 80%.. The end..


2 comments:

  1. U r going to do great!!!! Positive attitude and Jehovah are ur 2 main ingredients!!! Keep ur chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U r going to do great!!!! Positive attitude and Jehovah are ur 2 main ingredients!!! Keep ur chin up.

    ReplyDelete