Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Friday June 24.. D-day plus 7.. Educate yourself.... please...

...My patience is already wearing thin.. Comparing a 20 minute office procedure for a few pre-cancerous cells, with full-blown cancer & surgery?.. Comparing a hysterectomy for female troubles, with being diagnosed with aggressive invasive cancer & & the sheer size of the amount of my insides they are removing?.. To make a statement on my type of cancer like, "Oh that's not bad at all, they can just scrape that out, right?".........

...I don't mind people sharing their stories.. And I don't underestimate the trauma of the procedures of having pre-cancerous cells removed, or having any kind of surgery, or any part of your insides removed.. I certainly wouldn't wish to have any of those things done, & would find it traumatic myself as well.. But to present it in a way that it is actually comparable... It's like comparing a knee scrape or stitches to actual knee replacement surgery.. You know, it's not the same thing just because it's the knee.... Educate yourself, please...



...I try to be objective.. And I try to keep it all in perspective.. Not many people know yet, & of the ones that do, it was a small minority that said anything like that. It's not like everyone has treated it that way.. And it's only out of ignorance that anything insensitive is generally said in the first place, not out of ill intent.. And besides, these kinds of things are said for the same reason that we asked the doctor some of the questions that we did-- if the usual progession of this type of cancer usually involves finding abnormal cells that just mayyyybe one day years down the road might turn into pre-cancerous cells, which are then taken care of with simple procedures before they can ever become cancer, then why is mine suddenly full-blown cancer with my first ever abnormal pap? I got paps regularly as I should. Always normal... This doesn't fit with the general understanding of cervical cancer.. So why then?......------->>> Because endocervical adenocarcinoma is more uncommon than the type that works the other way, the more 'commonly understood' way... Only 10% women who have cervical cancer have my type.. It starts deeper in the tissue, so paps simply cannot find it at its abnormal & pre-cancerous stages.. By the time it spreads to the surface cells that a pap can reach, it is already full-blown invasive cancer & far too late for any of those other things.... Yes, I am that uncommon 10% with this type of cancer.. I am additionally that uncommon 1% who had a cervical polyp that was malignant.. I am that uncommon statistic.. Someone has to be.. Yes I got regular paps.. No we are not overreacting.. Please, I beg you, educate yourself..

...Yes, I try to be objective.. But part of me wants to scream, another part of me wants to curl under the blankets & cry, another part of me wants no more people to find out at all.. because even though it is such a small amount of people who have said those kinds of things in comparison to the amount that know,.. I can't bear even 1 more person saying something like that.. I just can't bear it..

No comments:

Post a Comment